Welcome to Apache Camel
Apache Camel is a powerful open source integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns with powerful Bean Integration.
Camel lets you create the Enterprise Integration Patterns to implement routing and mediation rules in either a Java based Domain Specific Language (or Fluent API), via Spring or Blueprint based Xml Configuration files, or via the Scala DSL. This means you get smart completion of routing rules in your IDE whether in your Java, Scala or XML editor.
Apache Camel uses URIs so that it can easily work directly with any kind of transport or messaging model such as HTTP, ActiveMQ, JMS, JBI, SCA, MINA or CXF together with working with pluggable Data Format options. Apache Camel is a small library which has minimal dependencies for easy embedding in any Java application. Apache Camel lets you work with the same API regardless which kind of transport used, so learn the API once and you will be able to interact with all the Components that is provided out-of-the-box.
Apache Camel has powerful Bean Binding and integrated seamless with popular frameworks such as Spring, Blueprint and Guice.
Apache Camel has extensive testing support allowing you to easily unit test your routes.
Apache Camel can be used as a routing and mediation engine for the following projects:
- Apache ServiceMix which is the most popular and powerful distributed open source ESB, JBI and OSGi container
- Apache ActiveMQ which is the most popular and powerful open source message broker
- Apache CXF which is a smart web services suite (JAX-WS and JAX-RS)
- Apache Karaf which is a small OSGi based runtime which applications can be deployed
- Apache MINA a networking framework
To help you get started, try the following links:
We welcome contributions of all kinds, for details of how you can help
Please refer to the website for details of finding the issue tracker, email lists, wiki or IRC channel
Mailing list: http://camel.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
If you need support or help then read this page first
If you hit any problems please talk to us on the Camel Forums
Please help us make Apache Camel better - we appreciate any feedback you may have.
The Camel riders!
This software is licensed under the terms you may find in the file named
LICENSE.txt in this directory.
This distribution includes cryptographic software. The country in which you currently reside may have restrictions on the import, possession, use, and/or re-export to another country, of encryption software. BEFORE using any encryption software, please check your country's laws, regulations and policies concerning the import, possession, or use, and re-export of encryption software, to see if this is permitted. See http://www.wassenaar.org/ for more information.
The U.S. Government Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), has classified this software as Export Commodity Control Number (ECCN) 5D002.C.1, which includes information security software using or performing cryptographic functions with asymmetric algorithms. The form and manner of this Apache Software Foundation distribution makes it eligible for export under the License Exception ENC Technology Software Unrestricted (TSU) exception (see the BIS Export Administration Regulations, Section 740.13) for both object code and source code.
The following provides more details on the included cryptographic software:
- camel-ahc can be configured to use https
- camel-crypto can be used for secure communications
- camel-cxf can be configured for secure communications
- camel-ftp can be configured for secure communications
- camel-gae can be configured for secure communications
- camel-http can be configured to use https
- camel-http4 can be configured to use https
- camel-infinispan can be configured for secure communications
- camel-jasypt can be used for secure communications
- camel-jetty can be configured to use https
- camel-mail can be configured for secure communications
- camel-nagios can be configured for secure communications
- camel-netty-http can be configured to use https
- camel-netty4-http can be configured to use https
- camel-undertow can be configured to use https
- camel-xmlsecurity can be configured for secure communications